Last Updated: November 6, 2023
Thank you for choosing RemoteJobs.io, owned by Sonaga Tech Limited, Hamilton, Zweigniederlassung Luzern (“RemoteJobs”, “Company”, “Service Provider”, “Site”, “we”, “us” or “our”). We are committed to protecting your information and your right to privacy. Your data controller is Sonaga Tech Limited, Hamilton, Zweigniederlassung Luzern. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
Table of Contents
- What information do we collect?
- How do we use your information?
- Will your information be shared with anyone?
- How do we handle your social account logins?
- How long do we keep your information?
- How do we keep your information safe?
- Do we collect information from minors?
- What are your privacy rights?
- Your privacy rights
- Privacy rights for residents around the world
- Do we make updates to this policy?
- How can you contact us about this policy?
1. What information do we collect?
Personal information you disclose to us
We collect information that you provide to us when registering on the Site expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Services or otherwise contacting us. Please be informed that in some cases, providing some personal information will be required to use our service. Otherwise, we may not be in a position to render services. This relates in particular to your email address (if you decide to register the account) and information you provide while using our services.
The information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with the Site and the Services, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Information Provided by You. We collect data provided by You when using our services, that may be, for example, name, surname, company name, email address, phone number, address, information you introduced to our tools (professional experience, information about your education, skills or about job positions available on your company), but also collected from surveys, resumes, job application data, information you provide voluntarily to make a request or to receive newsletters and other similar data.
Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Social Media Login Data. We provide you with the option to register using social media account details, like your Facebook or another social media account. If you choose to register in this way, we will collect the information described in the section called “HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS” below.
All information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Mobile Information. You consent to the collection of additional information from you if you access our Site through a mobile device (e.g. your unique device identifier, the device’s operating system, mobile carrier, location or GPS/geo-location and mobile number).
Information automatically collected. We collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Site and the Services, before you register or create an account with us. This information may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services, geolocation data, behavioral, target job, User Content and target profile, IP address, first and last name, postal and email addresses, your telephone number, job title, areas of interest, reasons for your interest in our services and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Online Identifiers. We collect devices, tools and protocols, such as IP (Internet Protocol) addresses, cookie identifiers, or others such as the ones used for analytics and marketing, device’s geolocation, and other similar data.
User interaction information. We can collect information from your interactions with our Site as well as content you have viewed, and advertisements shown to you or that you have clicked on. To provide or improve our services and to the extent permissible by law, you agree that we can share your interaction Information with, or obtain information about your interaction from, analytics providers, advertising partners, third-party partners, and social media sites until you withdraw your consent. The sharing of this information may or may not include a monetary compensation.
Information can be passed to analytics providers and advertising partners via cookies and tracking technologies. Certain information that we may have access to from third-party service providers may be controlled using your privacy settings on that service and by managing your consent. Please see our Cookies and Tracking Technology Policy for more information, including your privacy choices.
Information collected from other sources. We may collect information about you from third parties when you use your social media account to sign up with us. Examples of the data collected from these services are you email, first name, last name, and login information from those third parties. We may also collect publicly available information and combine it with the data in our systems.
2. How do we use your information?
We use personal information collected via our Services for a variety of purposes as described below. We process your information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely for the reasons described next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and login process.If you choose to link your third-party social media account to your account with us (such as your Google or Facebook account), we may use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and log-in process for the performance of the contract. See the section below headed “ HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS” for further information.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications.We may use the information you send to us for marketing purposes as this is our legitimate interest. You can opt-out of our marketing emails from us at any time (see the “ WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS” below). Marketing emails from our partners will only be sent to you if you grant your consent.
- To provide you with our Services: to respond to your questions and requests; (ii) provide customer service, (e.g., to fulfill product and service orders made by you, give you information about your account to resolve disputes, problems with your account/profile or the Site, administer a contest, sweepstakes or promotions. We may use your information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. (iii) request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services.
- To post testimonials.We post testimonials on our Services that may contain user information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us at [email protected] and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in competitions.
- Request feedback.We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services.
- To protect our Services.We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm.If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond. This is our legitimate interest.
- For location-based services. When you access our Site through your mobile device we may access your location to provide you location-based services and other personalized content. This is our legitimate interest.
- For other business purposes. We may use your information for other business purposes (this is our legitimate interest), such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Services, marketing and your experience as well as sharing it with third parties that help us identify and send you job tools or other information that can be useful to you in your career journey. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information.
3. Will your information be shared with anyone?
We may share data with:
Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers.We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Services, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Services over time. The sharing of this information may include a monetary compensation. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. We may also share your information with third parties if the activity is understood to be illegal, fraudulent or posts a potential threat to security. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes. We have contracts in place with our data processors and have instructed them to hold your data securely and use it only for the purpose set out in the contract.
By expressing interest in a job or responding to a message from a potential Hiring Company, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information as displayed in your resume and application to that Hiring Company and acknowledge that such party, not RemoteJobs, is responsible for the collection and processing of such information. Hiring Company agrees to comply with all of their responsibilities under applicable data protection rules with respect to the collection, processing, and storage of your personal data, as well as providing adequate protection of all data subject rights provided for under all applicable data protection rules, by agreeing to our terms and conditions.
If you are an EU resident, please note that we are cooperating with vendors all over the world. That is why your data may be transferred outside European Economic Area (“EEA”). We are making the best effort to ensure your data is safe. That is why transfer will only take place in accordance with the applicable regulations To obtain a copy of the relevant transfer mechanism or additional information on the transfers, please address these requests to [email protected]
- Ad Networks. We work with third parties to provide advertising, data collection, reporting, ad response measurement, Site analytics and assistance with the delivery of relevant marketing messages and advertisements. These third parties can view, edit or set their own tracking technologies/cookies.
- Business Transfers.We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company. This may only take place in accordance with applicable laws, for example when after the assessment of effectuated by the parties to the transaction, such legitimate interest is not overdriven by your interest or fundamental rights and freedom.
- Business Corporate Family and Partners.We may share your information within our corporate family or our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
If you use the Provider's services, which include posting information or content (like your employment history, photos, or participation in online forums or communities) on our Site public forums or on third-party sites (such as websites, bulletin boards, blogs, ect.), or if you interact with our Site through social media sites, post your resume, use plug-ins, or visit other websites or a third-party website, the Provider may post your information publicly on those websites on your behalf. To provide our Service, Provider maintains the right to combine and/or share this information with third parties. Once the information has been shared we might not be able to stop third parties from using it in the future.
When you initially entered this Site, you may have been prompted to establish your cookie setting options, depending on your country of residency. Your cookie settings will be retained for 12 months in compliance with privacy legislation. Otherwise, when you visit our Site, we gather usage data supplied to us by your computer, mobile device, or other access device, which tells us how you use the Site. This includes, but is not limited to, video viewing, site views, keystroke data, mouse movement, scrolling, clicks, and typing (collectively referred to as "Usage information"). It may be possible for some customers to set their cookie preferences via their browser’s privacy settings although doing so can interfere with your use of the Site. Refer to the Help section of your browser, browser extensions, or installed applications for instructions on blocking, deleting, or disabling tracking technologies such as cookies.
Tracking technologies, such as cookies, are used by us to store information about you on your computer by transferring alphanumeric identifiers from your web browser to your computer's hard drive. When visiting RemoteJobs we and our business partners may use tracking technologies to customize and enhance your online experience. Software tools may be used during some visits to measure and collect session information, such as how long it takes a page to respond, download errors, how long it takes you to read certain pages, and how you interact with those pages. We encode and protect the tracking technologies that the Site sets, so that only we can interpret the information stored in them.
You can encounter tracking technologies from our third-party service providers that we have allowed on our Site. These assist us with various aspects of our Site operations and services, such as Google Analytics. You can also encounter tracking technologies from third parties on certain pages of the websites that we do not control and have not authorized (for example, if you view a web page created by another user, there can be a cookie placed by that web page).
Tracking technologies can either be persistent (i.e. they remain on your computer until you delete them) or temporary also known as session (i.e. they last only until you close your browser). We use both session and persistent tracking technologies.
We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We and our third-party service providers may also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
5. How do we handle your social account logins?
Our Services offer you the ability to register and login using your third-party social media account details. Where you choose to do this, we may receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile Information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, email address, friends list, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public.
6. How long do we keep your information?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
If data is processed based on your consent, we will process it until you withdraw your consent. If you wish to revoke your consent please Contact us.
7. How do we keep your information safe?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. Nonetheless, we have ensured that our service providers and affiliates have been subjected to strict contractual provisions in their contract with us, including standard contractual clauses, to guarantee that an adequate level of data protection for your data is met. Please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, transmission of information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment. When you create an account/profile or otherwise provide us with your information, you consent to the collection, storage, use of some tracking technologies as described above, and/or processing of your information, including Personal Data, internationally, as many of our computer systems are currently based globally.
Data protection and privacy regulations do not always offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world, such as the European Economic Area (“EEA”). If you have any questions or concerns regarding the transfer of your data please contact our Data Protection Officer by sending an email to [email protected]
8. Do we collect information from minors?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18. If we learn that information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at [email protected].
9. What are your privacy rights?
Based on the laws of some countries, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to access, update, or delete your personal information, please submit a request sending an email to [email protected] or contacting one of our representatives through the phone number provided here. We will respond to your request within the timeframe provided by law.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability (v) right to withdraw your consent, (vi) right to object, (vii) right to restrict the processing of your personal data and (viii) right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing. To make such a request, please send us an email to [email protected] or use the contact details provided in Section 13, below. You also have a right afforded by Article 77 of GDPR to file a complaint with the competent data protection authority. This complaint may be filed where the data protection breach occurred, at your place of work or your residence.
Please know that some minimal information will be requested for identification purposes and as a safeguard to your privacy before providing access to your personal data. If you do not provide this information it will affect our ability to provide the information requested in a timely matter. GDPR provides us the right to refuse and/or charge a fee for requests that are found to be manifestly unfounded or excessive. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws. For purposes of this section your data controller is Sonaga Tech Limited, Hamilton, Zweigniederlassung Luzern.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority (Article 77 of the GDPR). You can file this complaint both at your place of residence, at your place of work or at the place of the data protection breach you are complaining about.
In certain situations, and subject to applicable law, the Provider will not be able or obliged to comply with part or all of your individual requests. Please note that we have the right to refuse and/or charge a monetary fee for requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive, for example due to their repetitive character.
We have appointed EDPO, Avenue Huart Hamoir 71 - 1030 Brussels, Belgium, as our EU representative for GDPR purposes. If you want to exercise your rights with respect to your personal data, you may do so by sending an email to [email protected]
In order to safeguard your Personal Data from unauthorized access, we can ask that you provide sufficient information to identify yourself prior to providing access to your Personal Data. We take appropriate measures to ensure adequate protection of the privacy rights of EEA data subjects with respect to Personal Data that we transfer outside the EEA to a country that is not subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission.
We value privacy of our customers and strive to comply with all applicable privacy laws, including UK GDPR. All rights described in this section apply accordingly to UK residents. You may contact us via our representative and exercise your rights by sending an email to [email protected].
If we are relying on your consent to process your information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at [email protected]
Account Information and settings
If you would at any time like to review or change or delete the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
Log into your account settings and update your user account.
Contact us using the contact information provided.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
Note your preferences when you register an account with the site.
Access your account settings and update preferences.
Contact us using the contact information below.
Privacy settings and account deletion. Depending on your privacy preferences your Submissions may be public and subject to redistribution by us and any third party that has access to it. You can change your privacy settings at any time by login into your account or contacting our customer service team.
I you would like to delete your account completely from our system you can make a deletion request by sending an email to [email protected] or through any of the options available on the Site. You may also request a copy of the personal information that he have collected from you in the past 12 months, from the date of your request and for information about how we have handled your personally identifiable information in the last 12 months. After processing your deletion request, we will retain only the information that is permitted or required by law along with logs of your information and an archival copy that won’t be accessible to any third party. If your account was terminated or suspended by us, we may maintain the information to prevent re registration.
Short message service (SMS). If you agree to receive our SMS alert services, you understand and agree to any message or data fees. If you decide you do not want to continue receiving SMS alerts, simply respond "STOP" to the SMS text you got or get in touch with our customer service department using one of the methods listed above. To process your request, please wait three to five business days.
10. Your privacy rights
This section applies to users that are California residents in compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and may also apply to residents of other US states that provide the same privacy rights to their residents as California. “Personal information”, according to the CCPA is “information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.”
We will also honor Do not Sell or Share my Information requests from other US state residents, in compliance with privacy regulations. In case you want to complete your request through an authorized agent the representative will need to provide the necessary information to validate their appointment. You can also send a Do Not Sell or Share my personal Information request by email to [email protected].
There are certain requirements we must meet if any financial incentives are offered to California residents in connection with our handling of their personal information (we improve our offering when the difference in pricing, rates or quality of goods is reasonably related to the value of the California resident’s personal information).
If you are a California resident and also for other US states residents of Connecticut, Virginia, Colorado and Utah, subject to some exceptions, you have the following rights:
- The right to request deletion of personal informationthat we have collected about you.
- The right to request a copy of the specific pieces of personal informationthat we have collected about you in the last 12 months.
- The right to request that we disclose certain information how we have handled your personal information in the prior 12 months which include the categories of personal information collected and sources of personal information, the business purposes for collecting and selling personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information, the categories of personal information that we have disclosed with a third party for a business purpose, the categories of personal information collected and the categories of third parties to whom your personal information has been sold and the specific categories of personal information sold to each category of third parties.
We may collect and share for a business purpose the following personal information:
- name, contact information and identifiers – real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
- customer records – electronic customer records containing personal information, such as name, signature, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, education, employment, employment history.
- protected classifications – characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law such as race, sex, age, national origin, disability and citizenship status. If you share it voluntarily.
- purchase history and tendencies – commercial information including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- usage data – internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a California consumer’s interaction with an Internet website, application, or advertisement.
- geolocation data –geographic general location information about a particular individual or device.
- employment history – professional or employment-related information.
- education information – information about education history or background.
- AudioVisual – audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about a California consumer reflecting the California consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
The categories above do not address our handling of personal information that is subject to an exemption under Section 1798.145(c) – (f) of the CCPA.
You may submit a deletion, copy and right to know request online by emailing us at [email protected] or contacting us at the toll-free number in the contact us section below. CCPA prohibit business any type of discrimination against California residents that exercise their CCPA rights.
11. Privacy rights for residents around the world
RemoteJobs will afford all data subjects their respective data privacy rights to the extent they are applicable in compliance with the law of their country. If you have any questions, requests, or concerns please contact us by sending an email to [email protected].
12. Do we make updates to this policy?
13. How can you contact us about this policy?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may contact us by calling to Phone: 1 (866) 510-8550, by sending an email to [email protected], or by post to Sonaga Tech Limited, Hamilton, Zweigniederlassung Luzern, Hertensteinstrasse 51, 6004 Luzern, Switzerland.