Terms & Conditions
Last Updated: November 6, 2023
Thank you for visiting RemoteJobs.io “RemoteJobs”. This Terms and Conditions are an agreement between you (“you”) and Sonaga Tech Limited, Hamilton, Zweigniederlassung Luzern. When applicable, Tripod Jet, LLC may additionally act in our contract as a merchant of record, in which case and Sonaga Tech Limited and Tripod Jet, LLC are collectively referred to as “RemoteJobs” “Company” or “we” or “us”. We are committed to protecting and maintaining your rights, as well as those of the Company, and providing the best possible experience for all parties. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy or our practices, please contact us at [email protected].
We provide resources to help you find remote jobs online and other career-related tools and advice. To have full access to the services you may be required to register to one of our plans. Each time you visit our website https://remotejobs.io (“Site”) and use any of our services, you expect us to provide a safe, well-managed experience. These Terms and Conditions are meant to help you understand our own guidelines with regards to Site management and how we deal with various situations. We hope you take some time to read through them carefully, as they are important. If there are any terms of these Terms and Conditions that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of our site and our services.
From time to time, we may make changes to these Terms and Conditions. When any changes are made, we will update the “Last Updated” date at the top of this document and we will also notify you through the Site, so please check back in every now and then to ensure that you are still in agreement with our guidelines and practices.
Table of Contents
- When do these Terms & Conditions apply?
- How does RemoteJobs work?
- Our stance on electronic records & intellectual property
- User registration, eligibility, & representation
- What payments are accepted & how are payments processed?
- Which activities are prohibited by us?
- What is our stance on user generated content?
- How we manage the site?
- Other features
- Our Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) notice and policy
- How do we handle copyright infringement?
- Can we modify or interrupt service?
- How we handle disputes?
- Our disclaimer
- If you are a California user and resident, who should you direct your complaints to?
- European Union Resident Notice
- How to contact us
1. When do these Terms & Conditions apply?
These Terms and Conditions constitute a legally binding agreement made between you, whether personally or on behalf of an entity (“you”) and us, concerning your access to and use of the Site.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to make changes or modifications to these Terms and Conditions at any time for any justified reasons, such as:
- complying with new legal or regulatory requirements that affect the provision of our Services,
- fulfilling legal obligations resulting from official decisions or rulings,
- implementing security measures to prevent unlawful use of our services and protect your data,
- adapting to technical or technological changes that affect how we provide our services,
- introducing new services and solutions, or improving user experience,
- adjusting payment rules due to market fluctuations or changes in the scope of our paid services,
- correcting obvious typing and errors.
Any changes we make to these Terms will apply to our future contractual relationship with you, unless otherwise stated. If any change is found to be invalid or ineffective, it will not affect the validity of any remaining changes or conditions. When any changes are made, we will update the “Last Updated” date at the top of this document, and provide you with a notice on the Site Dashboard. Note that correcting obvious errors or typos, and adding or changing hyperlinks that don't affect our relationship, do not require prior notification. Your continued use of the Site after the revised policy is posted will be interpreted as your awareness and acceptance of the new terms.
We reserve the right to investigate violations or suspected violations of this Terms in any way or form. Every investigation will gather information from visitors, job aspirants or hiring companies and any other user who is interfering with our Site. During this investigation process we may suspend or cancel your account, depending on the severity of the issue and we may also remove materials from our Site. If at the end of the investigation a violation is confirmed we retain full right to delete your account and take any other measure, that may include a civil or criminal action. By agreeing to this Terms you waive and hold harmless all members of the RemoteJobs group or enforcement officers from any claims resulting from an action made as a result of the investigation
The Site is intended for users who are at least 18 years old. Persons under the age of 18 are not permitted to register for the Site or use our services.
How do you express your acceptance of these terms?
2. How does RemoteJobs work?
RemoteJobs offers customers and visitors of the Site the opportunity to find jobs that are remote or offer some type of flexibility. Our team curates hiring companies and job posts daily, to only show jobs who meet the remote or flexible criteria and that are high quality. We also offer additional services such as webinars, skill tests, job articles and continue to include new offerings every month. If at any time during your search you have any issues our customer service team will be ready to answer your questions online or by phone.
- Hiring company: Companies looking to post jobs on the Site and/or find job aspirants who want to get hired, also referred as “Members”, will be evaluated by the RemoteJobs team to see if their membership is approved. As part of the evaluation our team will check for various factors, including: availability of current jobs that are either remote or flexible, well-established reputation that is also good within the business, company profiles on social media, social reputation and others. Any hiring company that does not comply with the requirements will not be approved to join RemoteJobs.
- Hiring company agrees:
- To only have Human Resources team members, or the appropriate authorized person within the hiring company, create a Hiring Company account.
- Post only true and correct biographical information about your organization
- Hiring companies agree not to:
- Request any type of financial or invasive personal information from job aspirants in their job posts or the job application process.
- Market business opportunities that require job aspirants to invest or send a payment to get started on the job application process or commission only jobs.
- Use RemoteJobs’ resume database for any other purpose than to seek for candidates to fill open job positions, or that will become open in the near future, in your company.
- Send unsolicited email, fax, or make unsolicited phone calls to Job aspirants such as marketing or promotional material.
- Copy, aggregate or duplicate our content without express prior written consent from RemoteJobs.
- Take any action that may pose a threat to RemoteJobs site infrastructure.
- Post content that contains “hidden” keywords or hyperlinks or key words that are irrelevant to the job or that may mislead the Job Aspirant or any individual or third party.
- Hiring company agrees:
3. Our stance on electronic records & intellectual property
Intellectual property rights
Unless otherwise indicated, the Site and the services are our proprietary property. All content on the Site is owned or controlled by us or licensed to us, and is protected by copyright and trademark laws, various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws of the United States, foreign jurisdictions, and international conventions. “Content” includes in particular source code, databases, functionality, software, resume content, resume designs, audio, video, text, photographs and graphics.
The Content and the marks, which include trademarks, service marks and logos (“Marks”), are provided on the Site “as is” for your information and for your personal use only. Except as expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions or another form of express written permission, no part of the Site or the services and no Content or Marks may be:
- publicly displayed
- or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose whatsoever
Provided that you are eligible to use the Site, you are granted a limited license to access and use the Site and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the Site, the Content, and the Marks.
4. User registration, eligibility, & representation
How can you register for an account?
You will be required to register with the Site and become a Member to access our premium services. You agree to keep your password confidential and will be responsible for all use of your account and password.
By using the Site, you represent and warrant that:
- All registration information you submit will be true, accurate, current, and complete.
- You will maintain the accuracy of such information and promptly update such registration information as necessary.
- You have the legal capacity (in other words, you are not under the age of 18 or a minor pursuant to the laws of your Country of residence) and you agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- You will not access the Site through automated or non-human means, whether through a bot, script or otherwise.
- Your use of the Site or the services will not violate any applicable law or regulation.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site.
Some Site features may only be available on the desktop version of the Site and not on the mobile version. We are a service provider and make no representations as to the safety, effectiveness, adequacy, accuracy, availability, or legality of any of the information contained in your resume. You understand and agree that the Content of the Site does not contain or constitute representations to be reasonably relied upon, and you agree to hold us harmless from any errors, omissions, or misrepresentations contained within the Site’s Content.
How can you delete your account or cancel your subscription?
You can delete your account by login in and click on the “My Account” link located in the upper right hand menu of your screen. If you have questions or problems, please Contact Us. If you want to delete your account, you will have to make a data deletion request through our customer service team or by sending an email with your request to . Once your account is deleted or you delete some of its content, it will no longer be visible to other users. Nonetheless, if other users previously made a digital copy or saved it on their computer, we will not be able to access and delete that information. You can cancel your subscription by login to your account, clicking on the account settings and following the steps provide. If you cancel your subscription, you will still have access to your account and the documents you have uploaded or created on it. To the extent permitted by law, there may be content that we create for you and may not be deleted once uploaded. Even when you cancel your subscription, or your account is deleted from our systems we may retain some information for legitimate internal business purposes. This information may not be accessed again by you or third parties within the Service. Subscription cancellations will take effect at the end of the current paid term.
5. What payments are accepted & how are payments processed?
Our policy on purchases and accepted payment methods
Charges for our services shall be paid either on a one-time or recurring subscription basis via credit, ACH, or other means agreed between a user and us. Charges incurred on a periodic basis are charged in advance and shall be subject to automatic renewal. We may change prices at any time providing you with ta prior notification and an option to cancel the subscription before it occurs. Users agree to such automatic renewals and charges to users’ credit, ACH, or other payment mechanism, without requiring prior authorization in each instance, subject to users cancelling their accounts.
In the event of any failure by a user to make payment, the user will be responsible for all reasonable expenses (including attorneys’ fees) incurred by us in collecting such amounts. We reserve the right to suspend performance of the services for which a user fails to make timely payment hereunder or under any other agreement with us. If the total recurring amount due cannot be charged due to insufficient funds, you hereby authorize us to make a partial charge of the available balance. The rest of the amount due will be charged as a separate transaction to either the same card or any other card on file. Users shall be responsible for all taxes due on the sale of the services to a user, including interest and penalties thereon (exclusive of taxes based on the Site’s net income), which taxes shall include, without limitation, any direct or indirect local, state, federal or foreign taxes, levies, duties or similar governmental assessments of any nature, including value-added, sales, use or withholding taxes. If you are in the United States your payments may be processed byTripod Jet, LLC. If you are located outside of the United Staes you payments may be processed by Sonaga Tech Limited, Hamilton, Zweigniederlassung Luzern.
You agree to pay all charges that are displayed at the time of purchase, and you authorize us to charge your chosen payment provider for any such amounts upon placing your order. You agree that our third-party vendors may store your payment information and update it automatically, as part of the service. If your order is subject to recurring charges, then you consent to our charging your payment method on a recurring basis without requiring your prior approval for each recurring charge, until such time as you cancel the applicable order. If your payment method expires and you do not change the payment information on your account you authorize us to continue billing the payment method on file and you will continue to be responsible for uncollected amounts. We reserve the right to correct any errors or mistakes in pricing, even if we have already requested or received payment.
We reserve the right to refuse any order placed through the Site. We may limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household, or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same payment method, and/or orders that use the same billing or shipping address. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that appear to be placed by dealers, resellers, or distributors.
Your transaction may be subject to differences in prices and foreign exchange fees, because of exchange rates, depending on where you transact with us, the type of payment method used, and where your payment method was issued. We will not make any compensation or reimbursement for charges imposed by your bank or card issuer, including for any foreign currency exchange rates.
RemoteJobs may provide a full refund to customers who are still within their 14-day trial subscription term. Customers who wish to redeem a refund must contact customer service prior to the end of their trial subscription term by calling customer support at 1 (866) 510-8550, or emailing [email protected].
You may cancel your subscription at any time without additional charges, and the cancellation will take an effect at the end of the current billing period. Remaining part of the subscription remains active and is not refundable. Once the current billing period ends, the subscription expires, and you will no longer have premium access to the Site.
If you're a consumer, you also have the right to withdraw from these Terms without specific reason within fourteen days from purchasing the subscription. You have to submit a declaration of withdrawal to us. We won't charge any additional costs for the withdrawal, but we may stop providing services immediately upon receiving your statement. You can send a declaration to the address indicated in section 18 or by emailing [email protected] with the title 'Withdrawal from Terms'. The declaration must clearly indicate your intention and can be submitted on the form shared below. You need to send the notice before the deadline.
(this form should be completed and returned only if you wish to withdraw from the contract)
– Addressee – Sonaga Tech Limited, Hamilton, Zweigniederlassung Luzern Hertensteinstrasse 51, 6004 Luzern, Switzerland.
– I/We(*) hereby inform/we(*) of my/our withdrawal from the contract for the provision of the ………………
- The date of conclusion of the contract:……………….
– Name of the consumer(s):…………………………..
– Address of the consumer(s):……………………………
– Signature of the consumer(s) (only if the form is sent on paper):………………………….
(*) Delete where not applicable.
Pending to receive information from CS.
6. Which activities are prohibited by us?
The Site may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
As a user of the Site, you agree not to:
- Systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and/or the Content contained therein.
- Engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords.
- Make improper use of our support services, or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks and services connected to the Site.
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person, or use the username of another user.
- Collect or store personal information from other users
- Use our services as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Site and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise.
- Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site.
- Use any services or facilities provided in connection with the Site to compromise its security or tamper with system resources and/or accounts. The use or distribution of tools designed for compromising security (e.g. password guessing programs, cracking tools or network probing tools)
- Attempt to bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site.
- Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the resume building services to you.
- Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any of the Content.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interfere with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the services.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
- Except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Site, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software.
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site.
- Use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
- Having duplicate or shared accounts.
- Falsely implying a relationship with us or another company with whom you do not have a relationship.
- Misrepresenting experience, skills, or information in your resume.
- Without our prior written permission, to use information obtained from the Site to transmit any commercial, advertising or promotional materials or to advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any purpose.
7. What is our stance on user generated content?
You acknowledge and agree that any documents provided by you to us, as well as any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, files you upload, share or other information regarding the Site or resumes produced by our Site, job post information, company information including company logos, photos, testimonials, Submission, videos, audio, career materials and /or any other information you provide through the Site (collectively “Submission”) are non-confidential and shall become our sole property. When you create an account on the Site or provide any information through it you agree that this information will be true and accurate, it will not mislead or intend to mislead, and you agree to keep the information up to date. You will be the only one responsible for the accuracy of your Submission.
As part of the offerings the Site may make available forums that will allow you to exchange information and ideas with other users or third parties. You may make use of the forums available on the Site at your own risk. When you disclose information or rely on any information in the Forums, you do so at your own risk. The Site will not be liable for any loss or damage for your use or reliance on information. By using and commenting on these forums you agree and understand that the opinions there stated only reflect your opinion or that of another user and does not represent the opinion of the Site. We do not sponsor and are not affiliated to any of the comments made on the forums, are not responsible for the content posted or its truthfulness, embedded messages, or inconsistent results.
We shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submission for any lawful purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you. We may use Submission for any purpose in line with the service including, sharing your information with hiring companies, sharing, and displaying your testimonials, personalizing your experience, showing you content that could be of interest to you, sending marketing communications, and featuring you in our Site. You hereby waive all moral rights to any such Submission, and you hereby warrant that any such Submission are original with you or that you have the right to submit such Submission. To the extent waiving moral rights as described above is inadmissible under applicable laws, you undertake not to exercise your moral rights in the Submission. You agree there shall be no recourse against us for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your Submission.
The Site may invite you to chat, contribute to, or participate in blogs, message boards, online forums, and other mediums. We may provide you with the opportunity to create, submit, post, display, transmit, perform, publish, distribute, or broadcast content and materials to us or on the Site, including but not limited to text, articles, video, audio, photographs, graphics, comments, job post information, company logos, suggestions, or personal information or other material. All user generated content described in this paragraph will collectively be described as “Submission” throughout this agreement.
All Submission may be viewable by other users of the Site and through third-party websites. As such, any Content that you submit may be treated as non-confidential and nonproprietary. Submission may be shared with third parties such as our business partners or affiliates to facilitate our legitimate business interests or to offer you third party products. When you create or make available any Submission you thereby represent and warrant that:
- You are the creator and owner of the Submission. If you do not own it, you have the legal right to use the Submission.
- If you include the real names or faces of people in your Submission, you have permission from those people to use them.
- Your Submission is not false, inaccurate, or misleading.
- Your Submission is not unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation.
- Your Submission is not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us).
- Your Submission does not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
- Your Submission does not advocate the violent overthrow of any government or incite, encourage, or threaten physical harm against another.
- Your Submission does not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
- Your Submission does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
- Your Submission does not contain any material that solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18, or exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner.
- Your Submission does not violate any federal or state law concerning child pornography, or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors.
- Your Submission does not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or physical handicap.
- Your Submission does not otherwise violate, or link to material that violates, any provision of these Terms and Conditions, or any applicable law or regulation.
Any use of the Site in violation of the foregoing violates these Terms and Conditions and may result in, among other things, termination or suspension of your rights to use the Site.
YOUR CONTENT LICENSE
By posting or making Submission accessible to the Site, you represent and warrant that you have the right, power, and authority to post that Submission, waive all moral rights and grant the licenses specified in this section.
You further represent that you will not violate third-party rights of any kind, including, without limitation, any intellectual property rights, rights of publicity, or privacy rights. You represent and warrant that you are the owner of your content and that we may exercise your copyright rights without any liability or obligation for payment.
You automatically grant to us an unrestricted, unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, fully-paid, worldwide right, and license to:
- publicly perform
- publicly display
- excerpt (in whole or in part)
Such Submission, no matter the format, can be used by us at our discretion.
This license will apply to any form, media, or technology now known or hereafter developed, and includes our use of your name, company name, and franchise name, as applicable, and any of the trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, and personal and commercial images you provide. You agree for RemoteJobs to monitor your Submission and waive all moral rights in your Submission, and you warrant that moral rights have not otherwise been asserted in it. Your licenses will expire within a commercially reasonable period.
We do not assert any ownership over your Submission. You retain full ownership of all of them and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your Submission. We are not liable for any statements or representations in your Submission in any area on the Site. You are solely responsible for your Submission, and you expressly agree to exonerate us from any and all responsibility and to refrain from any legal action against us regarding your Submission. RemoteJobs takes no responsibility for any of the material created or accessible through our Site and are not responsible to monitor Submissions but reserve our right to do so.
We have the right, in our sole and absolute discretion:
- To edit, redact, or otherwise change any Submission.
- To re-categorize any Submission to place them in more appropriate locations on the Site.
- To pre-screen or delete any Submission at any time and for any reason, without notice. Nonetheless, we have no obligation to monitor your Submission. We hereby expressly disclaim all liability in connection with Submission.
- To enter any document or perform any action that RemoteJobs may consider appropriate to confirm the grant and assignment, consent and waiver set our above.
You may submit comments or ideas to our Site, including ideas on how to improve our services. When you submit any ideas, you agree that your disclosure is voluntary and without restriction, and you place us under no fiduciary or obligation. Your ideas should also not contain the confidential or proprietary information of third parties. You acknowledge that by acceptance of your submission, we do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas known or developed by us or obtained from sources other than you.
As part of the functionality of the Site, you may link your account with online accounts you have with social media providers (each such account, a “social media account”) by either:
- Providing your social media account login information through the Site.
- Allowing us to access your social media account, as is permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of said account.
You declare that you are entitled to disclose your social media account login information to us and/or grant us access to your social media accounts, without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern your use of the applicable social media Account, and without obligating us to pay any fees or making us subject to any usage limitations imposed by the third-party service provider of the social media account.
By granting us access to any social media accounts, you understand that:
- We may access, make available, and store (if applicable) any content that you have provided to and stored in your social media account (the “Social Network Content”) so that it is available on and through the Site via your account, including without limitation any friend lists, to the extent permitted by the third-party service provider.
- We may submit to and receive from your social media account additional information to the extent you are notified when you link your account with the social media account.
- Depending on the social media accounts you choose and subject to the privacy settings that you have set in such social media accounts, personally identifiable information that you post to your social media accounts may be available on and through your account on the Site. Please note that if a social media account or associated service becomes unavailable or our access to this social media account is terminated by the third-party service provider, then the content previously transmitted to the Site may no longer be available on and through the Site. You will have the ability to disable the connection between your account on the Site and your social media accounts at any time.
Please note that your relationship with the third-party service providers associated with your third-party accounts is governed solely by your agreement(s) with such third-party service providers. We make no effort to review any social network content for any purpose, including but not limited to, for accuracy, legality, or non-infringement, and we are not responsible for any social network content.
You can deactivate the connection between the Site and your social media account by contacting us using the contact information or through your account settings (if applicable).
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND CONTENT
The Site may contain (or you may be sent via the Site or their services) links to other websites (“Third-Party Websites”) as well as:
- other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (“Third-Party Content”)
Such Third-Party Websites and Third-Party Content are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third-Party Websites accessed through the Site or any Third-Party Content available through the Site. Inclusion of, linking to, or permitting the use or installation of any Third-Party Websites or any Third-Party Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by us. If you decide to leave the Site and access the Third-Party Websites or to use or install any Third-Party Content, you do so at your own risk, and you should be aware these Terms and Conditions no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any website to which you navigate from the Site or relating to any applications you use or install from the Site.
Any reference to third party trademarks or trade names is made for identification purposes only and does not represent an affiliation with the Site.
8. How we manage the site?
We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to:
- Monitor the Site for violations of these Terms and Conditions.
- Take appropriate legal action against anyone who violates the law or these Terms and Conditions, including without limitation, reporting such users to law enforcement authorities.
- In our sole discretion and without limitation, notice, or liability, to remove from the Site or otherwise disable all files and content that are excessive in size or are in any way burdensome to our systems.
- Otherwise manage the Site in a manner designed to protect our rights and property and to facilitate the proper functioning of the Site and the services.
The automated tools provided by the Site may provide scores, matches, top picks, and other options according to the information that you have entered in the Site. These automated tools have been created on a computer-based system and are designed to provide each Member with a personalized experience. Even when you may see options made available to you as part of the Site, please make sure to revise them and determine which applies best according to your needs. The Site makes no guarantees that you will find a job, get any answer from a job poster or receive a job offer. These decisions will be made solely by the job poster and the Site takes no participation or responsibility in this process.
Further, we do not knowingly accept, request, or solicit information from children or knowingly market to children. If we receive actual knowledge that anyone under the age of 18 has provided personal information to us without the requisite and verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from the Site as quickly as is reasonably possible.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we will maintain certain data that you transmit to the Site for the purpose of managing the performance of the Site, as well as data relating to your resume. Although we perform regular routine backups of data, you are solely responsible for all data that you transmit or that relates to any activity you have undertaken using our services. You agree that we shall have no liability to you for any loss or corruption of any such data, and you hereby waive any right of action against us arising from any such loss or corruption of such data.
Please note that our Data Protection Officer (DPO) can be contacted by sending an email to [email protected].
10. Other features
a) Resume Index: As part of the features that you may find available on the Site you may have access to resumes that we have gathered in one place “Resume Index” from individuals that want to share their job experience with potential hiring companies or any third party who has access to the Resume Index. If you are a Job aspirant and you included your resume on the Resume Index you can always set your privacy settings to private in case you no longer want to share your information. If you cancel your subscription your resume will continue to be part of the Resume Index. But the privacy settings will continue to be available. You can also make a data deletion request. Your private information such as address, phone and email will remain private unless you specifically state that you would like for it to be public. You may receive alerts from hiring companies or third parties looking to hire or connect with you. Be sure to check they follow our guidelines and make sure to contact us if you have any reason to believe the individual contacting you is not compliant.
The Resume Index will provide aleatory results to the individual making the search and will depend on how much information you have on your resume that match the search. We have no control over the use of the public information you make available on the Resume Index, and you agree this information is shared by you at your own risk. To the extent permitted by applicable law in your jurisdiction, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless RemoteJobs and its officers, directors, employees, agents, distributors, and affiliates from and against all claims, demands, liabilities, costs or expenses, including reasonable legal fees, resulting from your use of the Resume Index and the inclusion of your resume on it.
You agree to be responsible for any Submission you send, upload, or make available on the Site and that storing, distributing, or transmitting unlawful material could expose you to criminal or civil liability. We require that any content you send or upload to the Site is in compliance with the law. You cannot use the Site to send for commercial purposes, to send marketing materials or commercial messages.
All job posts shall comply with our Submission restrictions. RemoteJobs team members work hard to screen job posts and show information that is of real value and does not contain scams, or illegal activity. Nonetheless, we are not responsible, and we do not scan the communications between the Hiring companies and Job Aspirants for accuracy or legality. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to take any action against any individual, Job Aspirant, Hiring company or any third party that does not comply with the Submission guidelines and that we believe is sharing content that my cause a liability, harm, damage, or in any way may affect RemoteJobs, the services of our ISPs or other suppliers. We do not accept any obligation to perform this action and disclaim any liability for not performing it at any moment.
11. Our Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) notice and policy
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that any material available on or through the Site infringes upon any copyright you own or control, please immediately notify our Designated Copyright Agent using the contact information provided below (a “Notification”).
A copy of your Notification will be sent to the person who posted or stored the material addressed in the Notification. Please be advised that according to federal law you may be held liable for damages if you make material misrepresentations in a Notification. Thus, if you are not sure that material located on or linked to by the Site infringes your copyright, you should consider first contacting an attorney.
All Notifications should meet the requirements of DMCA 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3) and include all the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works on the Site are covered by the Notification, a representative list of such works on the Site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed upon.
If you believe your own copyrighted material has been removed from the Site because of a mistake or misidentification, you may submit a written counter notification to our Designated Copyright Agent using the contact information provided below (a “Counter Notification”) notification that includes the following information:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement from you under the penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled because of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- Your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of a court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States of America, for any judicial district in which we may be located, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person..
Please note that if you materially misrepresent that the disabled or removed content was removed by mistake or misidentification, you may be liable for damages, including costs and attorney’s fees. Filing a false Counter Notification constitutes perjury.
Designated Copyright Agent
Sonaga Tech Limited, Hamilton, Zweigniederlassung Luzern
Attn: Legal Department
6004 Luzern, Switzerland
Termination of repeat infringers
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate the account or access of any user who is the subject of repeated DMCA or other infringement notifications. RemoteJobs seeks to preserve any and all exemptions from liability that may be available under the copyright law, but does not necessarily stipulate that it is a service as defined in USC Section 512(c) or elsewhere.
12. How do we handle copyright infringement?
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that any material available on or through the Site infringes upon any copyright you own or control, please immediately notify us using the contact information provided above. A copy of your Notification will be sent to the person who posted or stored the material addressed in the Notification.
RemoteJobs does not permit copyright or intellectual property infringing activities and we reserve the right to remove or delete any Submission that has been identified as infringing this Terms.
Please be advised that according to federal law you may be held liable for damages if you make material misrepresentations in a Notification. Thus, if you are not sure that material located on or linked to by the Site infringes your copyright, you should consider first contacting an attorney.
13. Can we modify or interrupt service?
We reserve the right to change, modify, or remove the contents of the Site at any time or for any reason at our sole discretion without notice. We have no obligation to update any information on our Site. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or part of the services without notice at any time Essential features or components of the Site may also altered, which includes but is not limited to implementing security measures to prevent the service from being used in a manner that violates the law or Terms, modifying the functioning of the services to keep up with technical or technological advancements, introducing or updating additional services and solutions, changing the functional capabilities and features of the services, conducting periodic technical breaks required for the development of the services and to reduce the risk of malfunctions, discontinuing the service or any of its components, implementing significant technological changes and solutions, implementing changes in the policy of entities that manage mobile device systems on which the services operate with respect to the functioning of the service. We will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site
We cannot guarantee the Site will be available at all times. We may experience hardware, software, or other problems, or need to perform maintenance related to the Site, resulting in interruptions, delays, or errors.
You agree that we have no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage, or inconvenience caused by your inability to access or use the Site during any downtime or discontinuance of the Site. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will be understood to obligate us to maintain and support the Site or to make any corrections, updates, or releases.
14. How we handle disputes?
These Terms and Conditions and your use of the Site and the services are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York if your transaction was processed by Tripod Jet, LLC, without regard to its conflict of law principles. If your transaction was processed by and Sonaga Tech Limited, Hamilton, Zweigniederlassung Luzern the laws of Switzerland. The protection of EU consumers, as mandated by the consumer laws of the EU country where the consumer resides, remains unaffected.
To expedite resolution and control the cost of any dispute, controversy, or claim related to these Terms and Conditions (each a “Dispute” and collectively, the “Disputes”) brought by either you or us (individually, a “Party” and collectively, the “Parties”), the Parties agree to first attempt to negotiate any Dispute (except those Disputes expressly provided below) informally for at least 30 days before initiating arbitration. Such informal negotiations commence upon written notice from one Party to the other Party.
If the Parties are unable to resolve a Dispute through informal negotiations, the Dispute (except those Disputes expressly excluded below) will be finally and exclusively resolved by binding arbitration. You understand that without this provision, you would have the right to sue in court and have a jury trial.
The arbitration shall be commenced and conducted under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and, where appropriate, the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (“AAA Consumer Rules”), both of which are available at the AAA website www.adr.org. Your arbitration fees and your share of arbitrator compensation shall be governed by the AAA Consumer Rules and, where appropriate, limited by the AAA Consumer Rules.
The arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone, or online. The arbitrator will make a decision in writing, but need not provide a statement of reasons unless requested by either Party. The arbitrator must follow applicable law, and any award may be challenged if the arbitrator fails to do so. Except where otherwise required by the applicable AAA rules or applicable law, the arbitration will take place in New York County, New York. Except as otherwise provided herein, the Parties may litigate in court to compel arbitration, stay proceedings pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate, or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
If for any reason, a Dispute proceeds in court rather than arbitration, the Dispute shall be commenced or prosecuted in the state and federal courts located in the state of New York, and the Parties hereby consent to, and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction, and forum non conveniens with respect to venue and jurisdiction in such state and federal courts. Application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act (UCITA) are excluded from these Terms and Conditions.
In no event shall any Dispute brought by either Party related in any way to the Site be commenced more than 1 year after the cause of action arose. If this provision is found to be illegal or unenforceable, then neither Party will elect to arbitrate any Dispute falling within that portion of this provision found to be illegal or unenforceable and such Dispute shall be decided by a court of competent jurisdiction within the courts listed for jurisdiction above, and the Parties agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of that court.
Residents outside of the US
Please send us an email to [email protected] if there is any issue or controversy with the Site with a brief description of the issue so that our team may be able to help you. Also remember to update your contact information, since we will reply your request to the most recent information we have on file. Once received, we will try to provide resolution within 60 days. There may be times when the resolution options provided may not satisfy your needs, in that case, this agreement does not limit your rights to start a separate complaint process.
We prefer to resolve notifications directly with you, that is why we do not participate in alternative dispute resolution procedures for consumers or Online Dispute Resolution platform. If you would like to draw our attention to certain issues, please contact us.
The Parties agree that any arbitration shall be limited to the Dispute between the Parties individually. To the full extent permitted by law:
- No arbitration shall be joined with any other proceeding.
- There is no right or authority for any Dispute to be arbitrated on a class-action basis or to utilize class action procedures.
- There is no right or authority for any Dispute to be brought by a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public or any other persons.
Exceptions to Informal Negotiations and Arbitration
The Parties agree that the following Disputes are not subject to the above provisions concerning informal negotiations and binding arbitration:
- Any Disputes seeking to enforce or protect, or concerning the validity of, any of the intellectual property rights of a Party
- Any Dispute related to, or arising from, allegations of theft, piracy, invasion of privacy, or unauthorized use.
- Any claim for injunctive relief.
If this provision is found to be illegal or unenforceable, the Dispute shall be decided by a court of competent jurisdiction within the courts listed for jurisdiction above, and the Parties agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of that court.
15. Our disclaimer
The Site is provided on an “as-is” and “as-available basis”. If you encounter any issues with the services as described in these Terms, you are entitled to submit a complaint to the Provider. To do so, you should send an email to [email protected], unless the Provider specifies a different email address for such correspondence on the Site. Your complaint should contain your identification details (email address or contact information), specify the relevant service, describe the issue you are experiencing, and provide justification for your complaint.
If your complaint is incomplete or lacks the necessary information, the Site may request that you provide additional details. If your complaint fails to identify you, the Site may disregard it. The Site will respond to your complaint within 14 days of receipt, or after you have provided the necessary information, if applicable. The Site’s decision on your complaint will be sent to you via the email address you provided in the complaint. The Site reserves the right to extend the response time by up to 10 days if extraordinary circumstances arise that are beyond their control (e.g., equipment failure, internet network failure, etc.)
Limitations of liability
We shall not be held responsible for any failure or improper performance of the agreement that may arise due to circumstances beyond our control. This includes situations where your use of the account is inconsistent with the Terms, such as uploading and sharing illegal content, as well as damages that may result from unauthorized access to your account.
Furthermore, the Site shall not be held liable to third parties for any damages resulting from your use of the services in a manner that is inconsistent with the Terms.
In addition, the Site shall not be responsible for:
- Any harm or damage to third parties resulting from your use of the services in a way that violates the law or Terms.
- Any content that you provide that violates the law or the rights of third parties protected by law.
- Any information or materials uploaded, posted, or sent by you.
- Loss of your data resulting from external factors beyond our control (such as hardware failure) or circumstances caused by third parties, including yourself.
- Interruptions in the provision of services resulting from circumstances beyond our control, such as force majeure or actions and omissions of third parties.
However, please note that the Site shall not be held responsible for any damages, including loss of profits, unless such damages were intentionally caused by the Provider.
In any case, the Site liability related to the implementation of the contract is limited to actual and direct damages.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, our liability to you for any cause whatsoever and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the lesser of the amount paid, if any, by you to us during the 12-month period prior to any cause of action arising or $100. Certain state laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers or limitations may not apply to you, and you may have additional rights.
IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW ALL OR ANY PART OF THE ABOVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY TO APPLY TO YOU, THE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
You agree to defend, compensate, and hold us harmless, including any party connected to us in any way, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, from and against any loss, damage, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, made by any third party due to or arising out of:
- Your user generated content or Submissions.
- Breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Any breach of your representations and warranties set forth in these Terms and Conditions.
- Your violation of the rights of a third party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights.
- Any overt harmful act toward any other user of the Site or the services with whom you connected via the Site.
- Claims that may arise from a result of an investigation made by the Company, any of its affiliates or the authorities,
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate, at your expense, with our defense of such claims. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action, or proceeding which is subject to this indemnification upon becoming aware of it.
Please know that the Site will cooperate with the authorities on any investigation that arises from a violation of this Terms. We will provide the authorities all necessary information of the user that publishes or sends content in violation of these Terms.
16. If you are a California user and resident, who should you direct your complaints to?
The services are provided by Sonaga Tech Limited, Hamilton, Zweigniederlassung Luzern. If you have a question or complaint regarding the service, you can send an email to our DMCA designated agent to [email protected] or send a letter to Sonaga Tech Limited, Hamilton, Zweigniederlassung Luzern Hertensteinstrasse 51, 6004 Luzern, Switzerland.
If any complaint with us is not satisfactorily resolved, you can contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by writing to: 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112,
Sacramento, California 9583, you can also send an e-mail to [email protected] or by telephone at (800) 952-5210 or (916) 445-1254.
17. European Union Resident Notice
By accepting this Terms, you agree to the immediate delivery of the services and agree you lose your right to withdraw from the contract. RemoteJobs is operated and controlled by Sonaga Tech Limited, Hamilton, Zweigniederlassung Luzern with address at: Hertensteinstrasse 51, 6004 Luzern, Switzerland.
These Terms and Conditions and any policies or operating rules posted by us on the Site or in respect to the services constitute the entire agreement and understanding between you and us. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision.
There is no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship created between you and us as a result of these Terms and Conditions or use of the Site or the services. You agree that these Terms and Conditions will not be construed against us by virtue of having drafted them. You hereby waive all defenses you may have based on the electronic form of these Terms and Conditions and the lack of signing by the parties hereto to execute these Terms and Conditions.
19. How to contact us
For any questions, please contact us at:
Phone: 1 (866) 510-8550
Sonaga Tech Limited, Hamilton, Zweigniederlassung Luzern
6004 Luzern, Switzerland